Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Makeup Essentials




Here are a few essentials that are currently in my everyday makeup routine. Most days I keep my makeup routine pretty simple and quick, because let's be real I like my sleep a little too much.  My absolute all time favorite foundation is the makeup forever mat velvet plus. It is so great for oily skin and keeps you shine free for most of the day. It is also very long wearing! Lately I have been loving Jouer matte moisture tint because it is a little more light weight for these warmer days, but still gives great coverage and controls oil. If you have extremely oily skin like I do and like to top your foundation off with a powder the maybelline powder is great at giving that extra coverage and oil control without looking cakey. Mac pro longwear concealer is also very long wearing and the best concealer for under your eyes. If you haven't tried this trust me you need to. Urban decay's De-Slick is probably the best part of the entire makeup routine because it is cooling and really helps to set your makeup to last for the entire day!

 Benefits hoola brozer and Mac blush in peaches should be staples in everyone's makeup bag. They are both amazing and look great on almost every skin tone! If I want a really bronzed  glowing look Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick is my go to. I use this alone on my cheeks and it seriously gives you such a pretty warm glow for summer...and it can also be used as an eye shadow palette. The hourglass ambient lighting powders have also been a current favorite for highlighting. 

For eyes I have been loving this Dior mascara for my little short lashes. The wand has a curve to it that helps curl your lashes so it lets you skip the whole step of using that scary eye lash curler in the morning! Which in my book of laziness is always a plus! Almost every day I wear a simple winged eyeliner (while praying that it somehow makes me look more like Lauren Conrad) using this Stila eyeliner because it literally last all day even for someone like me who has horrible allergies and  is constantly rubbing my eyes!! 

The last step is adding the right lipstick to pull it all together. I am obsessed with lipstick and have wayyyy too many for my own good! So I am always rotating in different lipsticks but these four have been my favorites! MAC happy-go-lucky is a super bright pink which I adore (what girl doesn't love a hot pink lip). For more nude neutral lips I love mac coral bliss because it has a tint of coral so it does not wash you out. I just discovered this bare minerals lipstick not long ago and fell in love with it right away!! It is the perfect soft pink nude and the formulation of these lipsticks are so creamy and last really well!! 

I am constantly trying out new makeup products but these are items that are always on repeat in my routine! Hope you enjoyed, 
Thanks for reading,
XOXO
Lauren <3





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished